Monday 22 September 2014

Fashion Photography

Whilst I consider myself experienced with a camera, it would only be in social settings. It was very educational to be in the company of a professional; not only one who was skilled, but certainly wasn't trying to glorify the workload nor pay.

The honest account of the stresses and pitfalls of the job truly gave me an understanding of the dynamic between the fashion photographer and the rest of the industry. It was also very interesting to look through the selection of photos he had brought for us to see of his work - using my existing knowledge of composition and lighting effects it was good practise to try to identify where these techniques actively took effect in his work.

It was also my first time handling such monstrously good cameras; I thoroughly enjoyed my time behind the camera, despite the fact my model was rather unwilling.

Unfortunately the photographs I took that day are still inaccessible, however they will be hosted here first opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment